Pages

9.22.2006

If I were a billionaire


"...I were a billionaire.."
I was looking at Forbes on the world's billionaires. Probably only about a thousand total. Mostly self made entrepreneurs whose efforts must have been fierce. And then there are the handfuls who inherited theirs. What would I do if I were a billionaire and money still growing? First I would payoff all my debt, payoff my in-laws house and cars, buy my mom a house and payoff her debt, build my house to the exact specifications that I want, especially the solar panels. Then my real work begins. I would leave the money growth, investments, and management to my husband while I do all the spending..hehehe. I would probably also invest in the research and promotion of alternative sources of energy. Our world is falling apart. I want to also build churches, buy one for our church and build churches especially in the Philippines. I would help our SDA campuses with materials and programs and buildings. Then I would travel the world, assist especially in orphanages building and helping for the betterment of the children's welfare. I would probably spend the rest of my life being a missionary and assisting orphans. I want to teach my children compassion that they will carry with them their whole lives and not depend on the money that sustains them but rather matters of the heart. Also, teach them compassion also in their spiritual lives. For my husband and me, our children's salvation is the greatest priority. That is what I would do if I were a billionaire.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know you're a very nice person and all but don't forget the "must shop for shoes" and buy your annual season tickets to watch your baseball team games. I'm sure THAT has got to be on your list girl!

tata said...

Hi christie! haven't seen you in a while. Yea, you're right. i couldn't pass on the opportunity to add to my shoe collection. And what a great idea about buying the tickets for my yankees games! Never thought of that. Anymore ideas? hehehe...

Johanne said...

wow, i just want 10000 dollars so i could go to pinas and enjoy. i miss it there so much! if u become one, can u give me some? hehehe. oh and teach me how to shop coz i think im the only girl who doesnt know how.

Anonymous said...

I would settle for just a million. I must have spent that much buying lottery tickets already.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Pamela, I would settle for anything that would pay off my debts. That's all.

tata said...

You guys are right, I would settle for even a few thousand dollars just to pay off my debt. I agree.

Anonymous said...

Hey, let's both pitch in and buy some lotto tickets! What do you think?