Pages

6.27.2006

mislay my sovereignty


Losing my sanity, my sense of independence.


It's a given isn't it that once you get married you depend on each other for support and consult each other in every important aspect of decision making. I've always been an independent person, seeking out solutions to my own problems and finding my own way of working things out. However, since I've gotten married, I’ve been so dependent on my husband, leading to some kind of frustration. Not that it's bad to be dependent because that's how relationships are supposed to work, but I sometimes feel the need to make decisions without consult, which in turn of course could lead to disaster. Well, at some point I’m going to have to suck it up and take a deep breath. It's for my own good anyways, just have to let go of that pride you know. I just have a hard time doing so. It's difficult and nobody said that it would be a smooth ride, but one thing is for sure, I no longer hold selfishly the rights to the wheel, i will at many times be a passenger!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess this is one reason why some girls don't want to get married. Just don't be too dependent because you might resent it. Hope you're having a great summer!

Anonymous said...

Be independent and then we can hang out and get together! Who wouldn't want to be with an oriental babe as hot as you!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you can still join the salsa club right? I'm kidding. You seem like you have a great husband. So I don't think you have much to really complain about right? ;)