Pages

7.06.2006

stop bitching

Please read what the picture says. If anything, these images break my heart. It literally hurts my chest, makes me cry and die inside. I complain a lot about a lot of stupid things but then i fail to realize something. We are certainly a billion times more fortunate than these children. So why are we bitching and complaining?? If only I had all the money in the world, i would give it all to help these poor children. Why don't the rich billionaires have any compassion? What have we become?

//EDIT(7.11.06): Ok, so I take back what I said about the billionaires, although i still believe that the majority don't do their share. The two mentioned in the comment are certainly exceptions.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! This is horrible! this just makes me cry!

Anonymous said...

Warren Buffett, the world's second richest man, has pledged $30.7billion of his $44billion fortune to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
According to the Chronicle of Philanthropy, it is the largest charitable donation ever made.The Gates' are said to be "awed" by the donation.
The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation supports the following efforts.
United Negro College Fund, Gates Millennium Scholars Program - $1 billion
The GAVI Alliance - $1.5 billion
Malaria Vaccine Initiative - $258 million
Save the Children, Saving Newborn Lives - $110 million
United Way of King County, Seattle, WA, - $55 million
Knowledgeworks Foundation - $20 million
National Council of Culture & Arts, Mexico Library Project - $11.7 million
Public Access Computing Hardware Upgrade Program, Multiple library systems - $5.3 million.

Here is what at least two billionaires are doing for those poor kids.

timc said...

This is a tragic photo, but one that needs to be seen, and obviously has been many times. I used to have this hanging in my apartment, not because I'm sadistic, but because it reminded me of what I have, and what others do so horribly not. My roommate's dad asked me, "why the hell you would hang that up, are you sick or something?" Taken aback, I just told him it grounded me, and ignorance isn't bliss (to be put simply).

Kevin Carter was a genius photographer, and there is a special airing on Cinemax entitled "The Death of Kevin Carter" on August 10th. I have heard it is pretty good, so check it out.

It has been said before, but hopefully
humanity gets its' act together enough to quit building bombs and start putting money into programs so that abhorrent things as this, which realistically should never happen in the first place, doesn't ever have to happen again.