Pages

10.05.2005

Sweet and sour, then just bitter

Did I tell you i'm a Yankee fan? I'm such a hyprocrite too since I like the yankees cuz of certain peeps, (AROD,Jeter,Matsui) but I also think they're OVERRATED. I mean, the only exciting time that i actually watch the Yankees is when they play the Red Sox. I think it's only the Red Sox who can actually kick their butts unless ofcourse they lose, then at least the Yankees where challenged with a team that raises their hairs. I don't really know a lot of Red Sox members, but some of them are pretty good. Like David Ortiz. And anyways, the last time I rooted for the Red Sox instead of the Yankees, someone didn't talk to me for a week. "He" ofcourse is happy cuz the Yankees are in the playoffs. The Yankees are old. The Dodgers are too young and not very good btw. The Red Sox i can't cheer for cuz i get hostile reactions. So I guess I'll stick with the old.
P.S. Thanks Toto for your support even though I like to antagonize you regarding the Yankees. I read your blog and thanks for being there to support me.

7 comments:

Toto said...

The Red Sox and Yankees are in the same league. They're just not playing each other (yet!). I with you when you say that the game is much more interesting when the Red Sox play the Yankees. If one of the two didn't make the ALCS, it would be too boring to watch. I mean, if the Angels won and the Red Sox won, it would be a sweep for the Red Sox again. The only reason why the Yankees are overrated in my opinion is because of their payroll. Right now though, players who are payed a lot less than normal (to the Yankees at least) are contributing big-time. The Red Sox are overrated as well, just look at the box score of yesterday's game. 14-2. It was against Contreras whom the Red Sox owned while he was still with the Yankees. Where was Ortiz or Ramirez? They don't have a closer as dependable as Keith Foulke used to be and their bullpen is a mess, aside from Papelbon who can really pitch. So, if the Yankees are overrated, the Red Sox are two. Remember, they're 2nd to the Yankees in payroll. They should have won the division by a mile. I don't hate the Red Sox, I just don't like the team I cheer for being called overrated. Its not their fault they get paid so much. Ask their owner why. If that's the price it takes to win, I'm all for it. Its his money, he should spend it the way he sees it fit. Nuff sed!

Toto said...

Why do you keep on calling me "He" anyway?

tata said...

Whoa!!! relax!! Like I said, I'm still a yankees fan.

tata said...

This is exactly what i mean! I can't root for another team without hostility! I post more comments on your blog To'. So check there.

Beo said...

Chiquita, why be a fan to people who are hostile to you? Red Sox fans don't chastise you if you root for the Yankees. They either leave you alone, and think bad thoughts about you. Or, they injure you in some way if they're intoxicated.

In that case, I guess neither one is that great. But, I love the smell of Boston a lot more than the smell of N.Y.

Camino Writer said...

Hey C,

Time to root for the other SOX...
..the CHICAGO WHITE SOX...

A...

Anonymous said...

yeah u got that right. baseball is such a big deal here Ta noh? GRRABE.

p.s. my bro is a yankee fan and sometimes he is too contagious.