Pages

8.03.2006

If I die today


"Nothing compares to the terror they must face now..."


There was this guy asking around to see what people thought of all the images being portrayed in the newpapers and magazines about the war in Lebanon and Israel. Most of the people were upset that such gruesome images were allowed to be shown and published. That out-of-sight out-of-mind metality! None of those images are anywhere close to what those orphans are seeing, death in the streets, whose parents were killed, whose aunts and uncles where killed, whose neighbors and friends were killed by acts of war. Nothing compares to the terror they must face now, now that it is happening again even when all they have is themselves. I am troubled. Troubled that the world is falling apart. Troubled that while many die, many don't care. Troubled that I cannot do more than contribute money or raise awareness. However, I rejoice for it gives me hope that Jesus may come in our lifetime! That revelation will finally happen! I'm troubled, but excited. I hate the wars, the terror, but these are signs you know. It gives me an opportunity to still change. Look in the mirror and see my faults and ask forgiveness. You never know, a bomb might hit tomorrow, today, or in a few hours in our cities, in our towns. If I die today will I be able to face the One who can come and take me away? Will you?


1 comments:

Johanne said...

wow ate hardcore advice. and ur entry, its so true, its everywhere. alfredo was listening to the sermon last saturday about these last day events that are already happening, hes nonadventist, he believes in God but not sure if he believes on those. i need to pray harder work harder.